1. Maximum of 6 players on each team that is on the court, 7 players maximum on team roster at the start of the tournament.
2. 6 standard IDA-approved balls (8.25” foam balls) are placed on the centerline in two groups of 3. Each group of 3 is placed at opposite ends of the centerline, in front of the referees.
3. Opening Rush: Players must be touching the boundary line at the start of the game. After the starting countdown of “3, 2, 1 Dodgeball!” teams approach the centerline to retrieve the balls.
4. Players attempt to eliminate opponents by hitting them with balls or catching their throws. If a player is hit with a live ball, that player is out.
5. Eliminated players line up against the sideline, which is to be announced at the start of the games, next to the referees, according to the order of elimination.
6. Players are to play by the honour system. If in doubt, player should call themselves out.
7. Play continues until one entire team is eliminated.
8. Referee can pause the game at any point by saying, "Stop." At that point, all events after and during are void.